Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton


 photo seeker_zpsmyrfkrpc.jpg


Description:
Quin Kincaid has been put through years of brutal training for what she thinks is the noble purpose of becoming a revered ‘Seeker’.

Only when it’s too late does she discover she will be using her new-found knowledge and training to become an assassin. Quin's new role will take her around the globe, from a remote estate in Scotland to a bustling, futuristic Hong Kong where the past she thought she had escaped will finally catch up with her. 

My Review:
This book has been said to be like Game of Thrones or The Hunger Games. Because of this I expected this book to be medieval or a dystopian book. The beginning of the book led me to believe that it was happening in a medieval-ish world. The characters are fighting with swords and other weapons from that time frame. Shortly after you hear about there being cars and planes. I instantly went through a moment of shock and annoyance because I was reading this story in one time frame when in reality it was nowhere near it. I wish the author would have described the time period more clearly because that in itself almost ruined the book for me. After getting through that and pushing through, the book started to pick up a bit. That is not to say that anything was described more clearly but it did get better. This book was all over the place in my opinion. It had good potential and characters but really failed in delivery.

My rating:
2.5 out of 5


I received this book to review through NetGalley for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment