Friday, January 30, 2015

Lemon Tea Cakes

 photo lemonteacakes_zpsa20581c1.jpg

Now that I’m in my third trimester my sweet tooth has finally came back. My first two trimesters I could only handle a nibble of something sweet, even though I’d crave it but, sadly, my taste buds didn't agree. When my sweet tooth was coming back slowly or surely I made these tea cakes which were the right amount of sweet to satisfy my need. So, if you’re looking for something yummy and just sweet enough these are for you! These could also be iced to make them sweeter for those of you who aren't battling weird pregnancy cravings and such. Enjoy!

Ingredients
2 large eggs
½ cup sugar
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
Confectioner’s sugar (optional)

Preheat your oven to 375F. Mist a 12 cup muffin tin with spray oil. Melt your butter and let cool.
Whisk your egg, sugar, lemon zest, juice, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt until combined.
Fold flour and baking powder into the wet mixture until incorporated. Stir in butter.

Place batter into muffin tin and fill each cup about half full. Bake until risen and golden about 11 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool. Serve warm with confectioner’s sugar or topping of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment